Friday, March 7, 2008

Dance for Peace



On March 8th, I joined several of the students from the program, together with Sandeli, Amanda, & Molly to attend an incredible performance of Dance for Peace. Although we were not able to take pictures of the performance itself, above is a picture of the program and below is a poem written by one of the stars of the show, Lindiwe Rose (daughter of Vernon Rose).

There is also a link to some pictures taken at my flat where some of us met to have some pizza before attending the show.

---------------------------------------
Dance for Peace
One step at a time


THE TEMPLE OF HIP-HOP
A DANCE FOR PEACE PROCUTION

Joseph Stone Auditorium
In ATHLONE
March 5th-8th, 2008

---------------------------
These Dreams…
By Lindiwe Rose

With my eyes open wide I dream
Dreams of pride I take it in my stride
Hoping to provide the peace, love and happiness
We’ll need to survive
These dreams of hope
These dreams of prosperity

I open my eyes to a world of positivity
Where my ministry does not contribute to my abnormality
Because you’ve experienced something other than negativity
You’ve now chosen to see my sanity
In these dreams we unite
To celebrate our individuality
We show strength and power through loving unconditionally
Where our conversations are motivational
Educational, inspirational
We live beyond the physical
Those dreams when we’re awake
We know they are real
Just believe and treasure
That we are powerful beyond measure

---------------------------------------------

No comments: